Chicken dish it’s combined with tomato sauce and some vegetables like carrots and green peas. My mom taught me how to cook it different from the traditional Afritada that the Filipinos and Spanish cook. There are many versions of this dish that I believe was originated in the Philippines. I know how to cook versions of Afritada but I find Chicken afritada more appealing. I gathered recipes from my mom and I am going to share with you the best of them. Here is the recipe:
2 lbs chicken (cut into medium sizes)
6 pcs potatoes, (cut into serving sizes)
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium size onion, minced
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 pc instant chicken broth cube (dissolved in 2 cups of water)
1 cup tomato sauce
3 tbps vegetable or cooking oil
Salt to taste
Procedure for Cooking:
1. Heat the oil in a pot.
2. Saute garlic until brown then add onion.
3. Add the chicken, stir fry until chicken is light brown.
4. Pour in the tomato sauce and dissolved broth cube and stir.
5. Boil and simmer until the chicken is half-cooked..
6. Add the potatoes, simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
7. Add the bell peppers and simmer until peppers are cooked.
8. Add salt according to your taste.
9. And serve.