1 large size bangus (milkfish)
2 cups of vinegar
½ teaspoon of ground pepper
6 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 tablespoon of salt
Cooking oil for frying
Procedure for Cooking:
1. Clean and prepare the Bangus by removing scales, intestines and slice to butterfly.
2 . Combine the garlic, salt, vinegar and pepper in a dishbox.
3. Add the Bangus and marinate for the whole night.
4. After marinating, heat oil in a frying pan.
5. When the oil is smoking, put the bangus skin-side down.
6. Fry side by side until the Bangus is cooked.
7. And serve with vinegar dip or catsup.
Daing Na Bangus is a Philippine authentic dish. It is made from Bangus or Milkfish. I love making this dish especially when the fish I got from the market are fresh. This is a way to preserve the fish and if you want to make it stay longer, add more salt. I love this dish because of the taste of marinade combined with the sourness of vinegar dip. There are many ways how to make or cook this dish. And there are many ways how to eat this too like using many different kinds of dip. In Panagsinan, bangus are cheap so if you’re living in that northern part of the country, this dish is for you. This is how to make Daing Na Bangus.