1. 2 lbs.Skinless Chicken and cut to desired into pieces
2. 2 cups of Water
3. 2 tbsp.Oil
4. 2 pc. Cinnamon stick
5. 1 Black Cardomom
6. 5 Cloves
7. 2 Green Cardamom
8. 2 Bay Leaf
9. 1/4 tbsp. Peppercorns
10. 3 medium Onions and chopped
11. 1.14 az.can Crushed Tomatoes
12. 1 tbsp. Garlic and chopped
13. 1 tbsp. Ginger and chopped
14. Salt – to taste
15. 1/2 tbsp. Red Chili Powder
16. 1/2 tbsp. Turmeric Powder
17. 1 tbsp.Garam Masala
18. 1 tbsp.Cumin Powder
19. 1.5 tbsp. Corriander Powder
20. Green Chili – to taste (optional)
21. Cilantro – for garnish, finely chopped
1. Wash the Chicken and drain well the excess water.
2. Heat a pan on medium heat.
3. Once hot the pan, add the Oil (hold back 1 tbsp for later).
4. Allow it to heat up and add in Cloves, Peppercorns, Bay leaves and Green Cardamom.
5. Fry for about 30 seconds and then add the Onions.
6. Add a little salt to experdite the cooking process. Mix well.
7. Cook for 3-5 minutes and add the Ginger, Garlic and Green Chilies.
8. Cook and stir frequently. Allow the Onions to brown but not burn.
9. Add in the crushed tomatoes and cook until the oil starts separating from the mixture. Stir frequently as tomatoes tend to burn quick.
10. Once the Oil starts separating, turn off the flame and allow the masala to cool down a bit.
11. Blend the Masala into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
12. Heat the pan once again and add in the balance of the Oil (1 tbsp).
13. Once the Oil is hot, add the Cinnamon Stick and the Black Cardamom.
14. Cook for 30 seconds and add the Turmeric Powder.
15. Mix and add the Masala Paste.
16. Add Red Chili Powder, Coriander powder and Cumin Powder.
17. Add a little bit of water to avoid the Powders burning and to help them mix in the Masala well.
18. Once it’s mixed well, add the Chicken and allow it to seal.
19. After the chicken has turned white, add in the desired amount of water.
20. Mix well and add Salt. Mix again.
21. Cover and cook till it is done, stirring frequently in between.
22. Garnish with Cilantro (and a dash of Lime Juice!).
23. Serves 6.