Leche Flan is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top. This dessert is known throughout the world especially in Europe and has been in the dessert menu of most restaurants because of its convenience in preparation and long shelf life. In the Philippines, Leche Flan is the top dessert of all the time. During celebrations such as parties and town fiesta, the dining table would not be complete without it.
1. 10 pieces raw eggs
2. 1 small can condensed milk
3. 1 cup fresh milk (or evaporated milk)
4. 1 cup granulated sugar
5. 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
2. Place the egg yolks in a big bowl then beat them using a fork or an egg beater
3. Add the condensed milk and mix thoroughly
4. Pour-in the fresh milk and mix well
5. Put the mold (llanera) on top of the stove and heat using low fire
6. Put-in the granulated sugar on the mold and mix thoroughly until the solid sugar turns into liquid (caramel) having a light brown color.
7. Spread the caramel (liquid sugar) evenly on the flat side of the mold
8. Wait for 5 minutes then pour the egg yolk and milk mixture on the mold
9. Cover the top of the mold using an Aluminum foil
10. Steam the mold with egg and milk mixture for 30 to 35 minutes.
11. After steaming, let the temperature cool down then refrigerate
12. Serve for dessert. Share and Enjoy!