Cooking Beef Steak is easier than you think. As long as you follow the steps indicated in this recipe, you should be alright. It is important to marinate the beef in soy sauce and lemon juice f0r at least an hour so that the meat absorbs the flavor prior to cooking. The cut of the beef also matters a lot because this will affect the texture of the dish. Tender cuts are recommended for shorter cooking time. If the cut of beef that you have is tough, try cooking it in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes.
1. 1 lb beef sirloin, thinly sliced
2. 1/4 cup soy sauce
3. 1 piece lemon or 3 pieces calamansi
4. 1/2 tbsp. ground black pepper
5. 3 cloves garlic, crushed
6. 1 large onion, sliced into rings
7. 3 tbsp. cooking oil
8. salt to taste
1. Marinade the beef in soy sauce, lemon (or calamansi), and ground black pepper for at least 1 hour
2. Heat the cooking oil in a pan then stir fry the onion rings until the texture becomes soft. Set aside
3. In the same pan where the onions were fried, fry the marinated beef (without the marinade) until color turns brown. Set aside
4. Put the garlic then saute for a few minutes
5. Pour the marinade and bring to a boil.
6. Put in the fried beef and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is tender. Add water as needed.
7. Add the stir-fried onions and some salt to taste.
8. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!