Bananaque is term used to call fried skewered plantains cooked with brown sugar.
In the Philippines is mostly consumed as a mid-afternoon snack.
1. 6 pieces saging na saba (Asian plantains)
2. 2 cups brown sugar
3. 4 cups cooking oil
1. Heat a cooking pot then pour-in cooking oil.
2. When the oil becomes hot, deep fry the bananas for 2 minutes.
3. Gradually put-in the brown sugar, adjust the heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the melted brown sugar coats the bananas.
Note: Gently stir the bananas so that it can get coated with melted brown sugar easily.
3. Remove the cooked bananas one by one and immediately skewer using a bamboo skewer.
Note: 2 pieces per skewer is recommended.
4. Let cool then serve with cold any drinks.