1.1 cup of rice
2. 2 1/2 cups of milk
3. a slice of lemon zest
4. 4 tbsp. sugar
5. 3 eggs ( seperated )
7. 3 tbsp. plain flour
8. 2 tbsp. baking powder
9. 30 grms. softened butter (about the size of walnut )
10. oil (sunflower ) for frying
11. Icing sugar and cinnamon
1. Put the rice, milk and lemon zest into a saucepan and cook until rice is soft and liquid absorbed.
2. Remove lemon zest, stir in the sugar and leave cool.
3. Put the cooled rice into a bowl. Add sweet wine, egg yolks, baking powder. butter and flour. Mix well with a fork.
4. In a seperate bowl or mixer, beat the egg whites to make a stiff meringue.
5. Fold the meringue into rice mixture and mix well.
6. Heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan. Place spoonfuls of the rice mixture into the hot oil, flatten slightly and fry gently on both sides until golden brown.
7. Placed the cooked fritters on kitchen roll to absorb excess oil and keep them warm. Continue cooking in batches.
8. Garnish with the dusting of icing sugar and cinnamon and spring of fresh mint.