Tuna works great and a deep fryer to enjoy these tasty delights.
1. 1 large potato, peeled and cube
2. 2 cans tuna, drained
3. 1 egg
4. 1/4 chopped onion
5. 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
6. 1tbsp. dry breadcrumbs or as needed
7. 1 1/2 tsp.garlic powder
8. 1 tsp.seasoning
9. 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
10. Salt and black pepper to taste
11. 1 tbsp.olive oil
1. Place the potato into a small pot and cover with salted water. Bring to boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two, then mash the potato with a potato masher or fork in a large bowl.
2. Mix the tuna, egg, onion, Dijon mustard, bread crumbs, garlic powder, seasoning, cayenne pepper, and salt and black pepper into the mashed potato until well-blended. Divide the tuna mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into patties.
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pan fry the tuna patties until browned and crisp, about 3 minutes on each side.