This is easy,lovely and light cake.
1. 3 cups flour
2. 1 tsp. baking powder
3. 1/4 tsp.salt
4. 6 eggs
5. 2 cups white sugar
6. 1 cup buttered, softened
7. 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
8. 2 tbsp.lemon juice
9. 1 cup plain yoghurt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch tube pan.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Set mixture aside.
3. Separate the eggs. In a large bowl beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/2 cup of the sugar, beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Set aside.
4. Cream butter or margarine, 1 1/2 cups sugar, egg yolks, lemon zest, and lemon juice together until fluffy. Add flour mixture alternately with the yogurt to the egg yolk mixture. Gently fold in the egg whites and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.
6. Serve and Enjoy!!!