The pasta in this recipe is Orzo ( kritharaki ) but it can be changed for any pasta of you choice and if you like very spicy food, leave the seeds in the chillies. If not, take them out.
1. 1 packet medium-sized shrimp ( U16 ) peeled & de-veined with tails and heads
2. 250 grms. Orzo pasta ( kritharaki ) cooked.
For the Marinade
1. 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2. 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
3. 3 hot chilli peppers (2 red and 1 green ), desseded and chopped
4. 2 cloves garlic
5. 2 tsp. crushed coriander seeds
6. 2 tsp. cumin powder
7. 1 tsp. dry mustard powder ( Colmans )
3. Fresh basil
1. Make the marinade. Put lime juice, orange juice, garlic, chillies into a blender. blend well
2. Put the coriander, cumin and mustard into a small dry non-stick frying pan and cook ( turning frequently ) until just browned. Removed immediately and add to the marinade. Blend again.
3. Put the prepared shrimp into a deep bowl and add half marinade. Mix well and leave in the fridge for half hour.
4. Heat a non-stick griddle pan. Add the shrimps. Brush with marinade and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the shrimps and brushed the other side. Continue cooking until done ( about 2 minutes ).
5. Serve shrimp on a bed of Orzo ( kritharaki ) with slices of tomato and avocado and a little sauce from the pan. Decorate with a sprig of fresh basil.