This steamed mini cakes are usually eaten as dessert but most prefer to have them during breakfast(with hot coffee or chocolate).
1. 4 cups flour, sifted
2. 2 cups sugar, sifted
3. 2 1/2 tbsp baking powder
4. 1 cup evaporated milk
5. 2 1/2 cups water
6. 1/2 cup butter, melted
7. 1 piece egg, raw
8. small slices of cheese
9. 4 cups water (for steaming)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients starting from the flour, sugar,and baking powder then mix well.
2. Add the butter, evaporated milk, egg, water and pandan essence (dissolve the pandan essence in water) then mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
3. Pour the mixture in individual molds
4. If you are using non – quick melt Filipino brand cheese, You may put the cheese on top of the mixture otherwise put the cheese on top after steaming (step 6)
5. Pour the water in the steamer.
6. Arrange the molds in the steamer then steam for about 20 minutes
7. If you are using quick melt cheese,remove the cover of the steamer and top each puto with quick melt cheese then continue steaming (with the cover on) for 2 to 5 minutes.
8. Remove from the mold and arrange in a serving plate
9. Serve and Enjoy!!!