Chopsuey is a popular vegetable recipe primarily made up of mixed vegetable with meat like chicken, beef, shrimp added for extra flavor.
3. 1/4 kilo cauliflower, broken to bite size
4. 1/4 kilo string beans
5. 1/4 kilo cabbage, cut into squares
6. 1/4 kilo snow peas (sitsaro)
7. 1/4 kilo cabbage, cut into squares
8. 3 stalks celery, cut into 2″ long pieces
9. 5 cloves garlic, diced
10. 2 onions, diced
11. 1 carrot, sliced thinly
12. 1 piece red bell pepper, cut in strips
13. 1 piece green bell pepper. cut in strips
14. 2 tbsp. of cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
15. 2 cups chicken stock (broth)
16. 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
17. 3 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
18. 4 tablespoons of corn oil or vegetable oil
19. Salt and Black pepper to taste.
1. In a big pan or wok, sauté garlic, onions then add in the pork. chicken liver and gizzard. Add 1 cup of stock, pinch of salt,black pepper and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken giblets are cooked.
2. Mix in the shrimp then all the vegetables. Add the remaining 1 cup of stock, patis and the dissolved cornstarch. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are done. Add the sesame oil.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve hot with Rice…