Egg Pie is a sweet Filipino dessert that resembles an egg custard. Now is the right time to show-off some of our country’s sweet indulgence.
1. 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
2. 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
3. 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
4. 1/4 to 1/2 cup cold water
5. 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Create the crust by combining the flour, sugar, and salt then mix well.
2. Add the butter in the middle and mix using a pastry mixer.
4. Gather the dough and mold it into a ball-shaped figure.
5. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes to harden the butter.
6. Sprinkle flour on a clean flat surface and flatten the refrigerated dough using a rolling pin. The flattened dough should be wide enough to cover a 9 inch circular baking pan.
7. Arrange the flattened dough on top of the baking pan and cut the extra edge using a pair of scissors.
8. Refrigerate while doing the filling.
9. Start making the filling by scalding the evaporated milk. This is done by heating it in the microwave oven for 2 minutes.
10. In a large mixing bowl, combine the 3 raw eggs and the separated egg yolk then whisk.
11. Gradually add the granulated sugar while whisking.
12. Put-in the vanilla extract then whisk until every ingredient is properly distributed.
13. Put-in the vanilla extract then whisk until every ingredient is properly distributed.
14. Beat the separated egg white using an electric mixer until it forms soft peaks.
15. Fold the processed egg white in the milk-eggs-sugar mixture.
16. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
17. Pour the filling mixture on the refrigerated pie crust.
18. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit then lower the heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and continue baking for 30 to 40 minutes.
19. Remove the egg pie from the oven and let cool.
20. Serve and Enjoy!!!