This carrot cake recipe requires a batter which is made up of flour, sugar, eggs, baking soda, and baking powder. This is a good moist cake to feast-on since the hefty amount of carrots softens when baked thus providing additional moisture and flavor.
1. 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2. 1 tsp. baking powder
3. 1 tsp. salt
4. 4 pcs. raw eggs
5. 1 cup granulated sugar
6. 3/4 cup light brown sugar
7. 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
8. 2 tsp. baking soda
9. 1 cup vegetable oil
10. 1/4 cup fresh milk
11. 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
12. 3 cups grated carrots
13. 1 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
1. 8 ounces cream cheese
2. 6 tbsp. butter, melted
3. 3 cups confectioners sugar
4. 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Bake the Cake:
1. Combine flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl than whisk until everything is properly distributed
2. Beat the eggs using an electric mixer in a separate mixing bowl.
3. Add the granulated and light brown sugar then continue mixing until fully blended.
4. Add the vegetable oil, fresh milk, and vanilla extract then continue mixing until texture becomes smooth.
5. Put-in the flour-baking soda-cinnamon-baking powder-salt mixture then continue mixing using low speed.
6. Fold-in the carrots and walnuts
7. Pour the batter on a cake pan with shaped wax paper
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the batter for 35 to 50 minutes (you know that the cake is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean)
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool down.
Make the frosting:
1. Beat the cream cheese using an electric mixer
2. Add-in the butter and vanilla extract then continue mixing until the mixture is well blended
3. Add the confectioners sugar then mix until texture becomes smooth
4. Set aside
Apply the frosting over the cake:
1. Place the first cake on a flat surface and apply frosting on the top part spreading it evenly
2. Place the second cake on top of the first cake and align properly
3. Apply the remaining frosting on top and on the sides of the cake
4. Garnish with chopped wallnuts on top and on the sides
5. Refrigerate for at least an hour then serve. Share and enjoy!