This recipe Ginataang kalabasa is a vegetable dish made from Squash in cooconut milk it is a nutritious, creamy and delicious dish that is best served during lunch or dinner with hot steamed white rice. Rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber, this particular vegetable (which is botanically a fruit) is so easy to prepare. This ginataan recipe can be used on any vegetable, combination of vegetables, fish or meat.
1. 1 kilo squash, cut into cubes (1″x1″)
2. 1/4 kilo shrimp, shelled and deveined
3. 3 pieces tomatoes, diced
4. 2 onions, chopped
5. 1 head garlic, minced
7. 4 tablespoons of cooking or olive oil
8. 2 pieces long chili peppers
9. 2 tablespoons of shrimp paste (bagoong)
10. 2 cups coconut milk
11. 1 cups coconut cream (katang gata)
12. 2 cups chicken stock
13. 2 tablespoons of fish sauce (patis)
1. On a big pan, heal oil. Sauté garlic, onions until light brown then add ginger, cook until onions become translucent.
2. Add the tomatoes, squash, chicken stock, shrimp paste and the coconut milk. Let boil then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the liquid has reduced and the squash becomes tender.
3. Add the coconut cream, long chili peppers and the shrimps. Bring again to a boil and simmer for a few more minutes.
4. Serve hot with rice and Enjoy!!!