This Filipino recipe Pancit Palabok has a big strips of noodles that is yellowish and nearly orange in color due to its ingredients, the best of this dish is its toppings, usually a toppings of any of these: shrimps, chicharon, squid, lechon kawali, egg, Tinapa, and sliced spring onions. A combination of any is Perfect, this Filipino dish is so delicious.
Palabok Noodles Sauce
1. 1/2 kilo small crabs
2. 1/2 kilo miki noodles
3. 5 cloves of garlic, minced
4. 1 onion, chopped
5. 2 tablespoons of atchuete seeds or oil
6. 2 tablespoons of atchuete seeds or oil
7. 1 teaspoon of monosodium glutamate (MSG)
8. 1 1/2 cups of water
1. Tinapa flakes (smoked fish)
2. Cooked shrimps, shelled
3. Squid adobo, sliced into rings
4. Pork chicharon, grounded
5. Spring onions, chopped
6. Hard boiled eggs, shelled, sliced
7. Fried garlic, minced
8. Fresh calamansi (lemon), sliced
1. Extract fat and meat from clean crabs, set aside.
2. Pound crab and extract juice on 1 1/2 cups of water
3. On a pan, sauté garlic and onions until golden brown then add crab fat, crab meat, 1 1/2 cups of crab wash, patis and MSG. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add corn starch and continue to simmer while constantly stirring until thick.
5. Put miki noodles in a strainer and dip in boiling water for 5 minutes or until cooked.
6. Lay drained noodles on a platter and pour the palabok sauce. Garnish with toppings
7. Serve and Enjoy!!!